Shama Hyder spoke last night at the DFW Social Media Meet Up group meeting. Here are some nuggets I gleaned from her presentation. (Be sure to follow her on Twitter: @shama)
Before you dive into social media, you need to have 3 things in place:
- a solid product and/or service
- an excellent website (extra points for integrating a your blog)
- a thorough understanding of your company’s Brand, Online Outcome (reason for people to connect to your company), and Differentiator.
Your website should provide good information. Remember, a consumer of information is one step away from being a customer.
Notes on Facebook:
- Facebook is indexed by Google.
- You can set Facebook to pull from your blog and place the information directly into your Notes section.